Business Closings/Event Cancellations: Friday, March 6
The following business closings and delays are for Friday, March 6. Please check the latest forecast.
Please read the WHNT Closings Policy to see which business closings we list. We also offer these suggestions for businesses about ways to notify employees and customers.
- American Wholesale Book Company: Opening at 10 a.m.
- Athens City Offices: Closed until 10 am Friday. Athens Police report bridges are icy and roads are becoming slick.
- Big Heart Pet Brands, Decatur: 2nd and 3rd shift are cancelled Thursday. 12 hour day shift will run Friday, March 5th for any employees who can make it in. 1st shift will start up at 11 a.m., 2nd shift will report in at normal time.
- Cast Products Incorporated (Athens): Arrive at 9:00 a.m. Friday
- Colbert County Courthouse: Opening until 11:00 a.m.
- Decatur City Hall: City expects a late start on Friday for garbage carts only and will first target Thursday’s routes and then Friday’s routes. Monday will be finish-up date for anything missed on these routes. Yard carts will not be serviced and no loader trucks will run until normal schedule on Tuesday. No recycling pickup Thursday. If conditions allow, today’s routes will be picked up on Friday and Friday’s routes will move Monday.
- Decatur Social Security: Opening at 12:00 p.m.
- First Commercial Bank: all branch locations open at noon
- Florence City Offices: Opening at 11 a.m. Friday
- Florence Social Security: Opening at 9:00 a.m.
- Franklin County Courthouse: Open at 11:00 a.m. Friday
- Futaba Corp of America in Huntsville: Thursday- Second shift is cancelled. Friday- First Shift reports at 10 a.m., Second Shift reports as normal. If in doubt, call (256) 461-9399 and listen to the recording.
- Heat Transfer Products Group in Scottsboro: Closed second shift Thursday
- Huntsville Center, Corps of Engineers: Delaying opening until 10 a.m
- Huntsville Hospital and Madison Hospital: Visit www.huntsvillehospital.org or www.madisonalhospital.org for updated delays and closings
- Huntsville Social Security: Opening at 12:00 p.m.
- Huntsville Utilities: Currently all of the drive-thru payment lanes are frozen at the Pulaski Pike payment center. Huntsville Utilities currently has one lane open for drive-thru payments at its Chase Operations Center. Payments at Huntsville Utilities drop boxes should only be made with check or money order. Do not make payments in cash. The downtown main office is currently open for business. Please contact the customer information center for further questions at (256)535-1200.
- International Services Council of Alabama:The 50th Anniversary Gala scheduled for tonight has been postponed until tomorrow, March 6th at 11:30 am at the Von Braun Center North Hall.
- Lawrence County, AL: All government offices, including courts, closed Thursday. Delayed until 10 a.m. Friday.
- Lauderdale County Courthouse: Open at 11:00 a.m.
- Lauderdale County DHR: Open at 11:00 am
- Limestone County offices and the judicial center: Closed Friday
- Lincoln County Courthouse: Open 10 a.m. Friday
- Madison City Hall, Dublin Park, Senior Center, and Municipal Court: Closed Friday
- Madison Municipal Court: Closed Friday
- Madison County Garbage Services: Thursday’s service delayed until Friday.
- Madison County TRAM (Transportation for Rural Areas of Madison County): will not operate Friday, March 6th. Please call 256-532-3792 to reschedule your ride
- MARS Transportation (City of Madison): Closed Friday
- Marshall Space Flight Center: Closed Friday
- Mesker Door: Opening Friday at 9 am
- Morgan County Senior Centers: Closed Friday
- NACOLG Transit: Transit buses will be delayed until noon Friday, weather permitting.
- National Copper LLC – 1st & 2nd shifts cancelled for Thursday, and 3rd shift 3/6. 1st shift will report at 9:00 am 3/6.
- PPG Aerospace: Second and Third Shifts are cancelled for Thursday. No Pre-Shift Overtime for Friday morning. All operations resume as normal on Friday.
- Redstone Arsenal: Closed Friday
- Redstone Federal Credit Union: UPDATE – All branches will reopen at 10 a.m. Friday.
- Sunshine Mills and World Pet in Red Bay: Second and third shifts cancelled Thursday. First shift reports Friday at 10 am.
- Surgery Center of Huntsville: Open at 9 a.m. Friday
- Wayne Farms Decatur Fresh: Evis and Debone will start at 8:00 a.m. on Friday. Decatur Further Processing plants 1st shift will start at normal times.
We’ll continue to update WHNT.com as more information comes in.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.
Powered by WPeMatico